Master’s degree in Pharmacy from Canada
Pharmacy is the study of Health Sciences that deal with pharmaceutical information, medical formulations, and clinical services to make life better. A master’s degree in Pharmacy brings together this knowledge with practical knowledge to produce experts. Canada is well-developed, with its extensive opportunities and resources, and is a perfect destination for students from abroad who want an M.S. in Pharmacy.
- UBC is home to the top Pharmacy program in Canada
- MS program is the best in class and focuses on research.
- English requirements for students from abroad TOEFL (min):7.0 OR TOEFL (iBT)>=100
- Students in all graduate programs can expect to receive $21,000.
2: University of Waterloo
- It is a top-ranked university for Research and Medical Sciences that is well-known for its continuous and high-quality education.
- The Master of Science degree in Pharmacy permits students to focus on one of the following research areas, specifically:
- Drug Discovery
- Drug and Vaccine Delivery Systems and Nanomedicine
- Pharmacotherapy Evaluation
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Rational Drug Design and Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmacodynamics and Toxicology
- Clinical and Post-Marketing
- Phases of Drug Discovery
- Evaluation of Outcomes and
- The requirements for admission include a minimum requirement of 78% for undergraduate studies and educational transcripts, a resume letter of recommendations, and an additional information form.
- M.S. is available as full-time and part-time, with the curriculum comprising a minimum of three one-term classes, each with 0.5 unit weight, academic ethics workshop and thesis, and the defense of your thesis.
- An average of 70 percent for each course is required to complete the M.S. program.
- Guaranteed funds are proposed for all graduate students via studentships, assistantships and awards, scholarships, and grants.
- This is the top-ranked research institution known for its classes in Pharmacy, its outstanding faculty, and its alumni.
- Educational requirements are TOEFL (550 for paper-based, 213 for computer-based, the internet is 88) as well as IELTS (minimum score of 6.5) or a 4-year undergraduate degree that has a minimum GPA of 3 points out of 4 with a statement of intent and resume, prior job experience, GRE as well as letters of reference.
- The sources of funding include awards, assistantships, scholarships, and bursaries.
4: Dalhousie University
- It is the country’s oldest and best research institution, renowned for its practical educational programs.
- It provides the M.S. in Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Science with a typical duration of two years for each.
- M.S. of Pharmacology is a thesis-based degree that involves research that focuses on cardiovascular and cancer muscular diseases, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, Huntington’s Disease, and abuse of drugs. The requirements for admission to the same program include the requirement for a minimum of Afor the undergraduate program and an excellent TOEFL score.
- M.S. of Pharmaceutical Science is research-intensive and confers expertise in the selected area of study. Its academic prerequisites for this degree include a minimum grade of B+ for the undergraduate course and a high TOEFL score.
- Funding is available in scholarships and assistantships.
5: Memorial University of Newfoundland
- It is a massive Public University in Canada well known for its courses in Pharmacy.
- The M.S. in Pharmacy is offered by the Health Sciences Center affiliated with the Janeway Child Health and Rehabilitation Center providing education in 5 areas, namely: Medicinal Chemistry/Drug design and discovery of new molecules with anti-cancer or anti-infectious properties; Pharmacology/Mechanisms of Toxicity and Protection in Neurons; Pharmacology-Pharmacokinetics/Mechanism of Cellular Failure in Autoimmune Diseases; Therapeutic Drug Monitoring; Pharmacoepidemiology.
- Admission requirements are the minimum requirement of 75% for the undergraduate program and satisfactory TOEFL scores.
- Funding opportunities are offered in the form of scholarships and assistantships.
- It is a top-quality university well-known throughout Canada for its high-quality education.
- The M.S. program is available in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology, and Toxicology. It has a minimum requirement for B admission for the first year of study and satisfactory TOEFL scores.
- M.S. in Pharmaceutical Science offers research in various fields of Pharmacology and Toxicology. Pharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics.
- Funding opportunities are available to International students via assistantships and scholarships.
7: University of Saskatchewan
- The University of Saskatchewan is located in the middle of Saskatoon, which is the home of Mtis. The University is extremely well-known for its research and the courses provided for students in Pharmacy for postgraduate studies.
- The school offers two master’s degrees in the discipline of Pharmacy. The first is a degree in Pharmacology and a degree in Pharmacy. The degrees aren’t much different, except for the subject matter taught in the degree.
- For admission, an M.S. of Pharmacy requirements requires a minimum standard of 70% for an undergraduate course.
- The requirements for admission to M.S. in Pharmacology include a minimum B-grade GPA or an average of 70 percent for undergrad programs.
- English requirement for language in both levels needs IELTS scores of 6.5 in all areas and no below 6.0 in each component. If not, an IELTS score of 85 is acceptable.
- Funding Opportunities are available to International students via assistantships and scholarships.
- The course is offered full-time for two (or 24 months) (or for 24 months).
- McGill University is dedicated to the Department of Pharmacy. This is why they are renowned for their research on medicine and drugs. Additionally, McGill University is one of the world’s most diverse universities, with students from over 150 nations.
- The diploma offered at the master’s level by McGill University is known as M.S. in Pharmacy. This is an all-time program that is part of the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics. The benefit of this particular degree is it’s focused on research and is thesis-based. After the degree, students will be required to write their thesis based on their research.
- The entry requirements for the degree are the requirement of a GPA of 3 or higher along with excellent GRE scores. The program’s English requirements are an IELTS score of 6.5 in all areas, a minimum score of 6.0 across all parts, or a TOEFL score of 85.
- Students from other countries also have to provide a transcript or letters of recommendation. an individual statement, or the letter of the research supervisor.
- After earning the MS Degree in Pharmacology, students from abroad can pursue a Ph.D. degree at the same institution. A Ph.D. degree will also fall under the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Funding Opportunities are available to International students through assistantships as well as scholarships.
- The University of Manitoba is an institution that is focused on creating positive change and fresh ideas to the table every day. In pursuit of this goal, Manitoba accepts students committed to similar ideals as University. In this regard that Manitoba has been recognized as a leader in research. The University of Manitoba has been pioneering research in medical and pharmaceutical research and human rights, and many others.
- The University of Manitoba offers a degree called M.S. for Pharmacology and Therapeutics. The program is offered all-time for two years (or for 24 months).
- The entry requirements for this degree are a GPA score of 3.0. The English prerequisites for the program include an IELTS score of 6.5 total and at least 6.0 across all parts or a TOEFL test score of 85.
- Students from other countries also have to submit an official statement of intent along with two recommendation letters and unofficial transcripts.
- Funding opportunities are available to International students through assistantships as well as scholarships.
10: Western University (Canada)
- It is worth noting that the Western University has two branches located in London and another located in Canada. The information below is about the branch located in Canada.
- Western University Western University aims to provide top-quality degrees to its students. The majority of their degrees are research-based. The school is renowned for being among the most research-oriented schools located in Canada and London.
- Western University’s degree is known as M.S. in Physiology and Pharmacology. It’s a full-time program in Physiology and Pharmacology. The duration is for two months (or 24 months).
- The requirements for admission include an average of at least 80percent for the undergraduate program (only the final two years). The English prerequisites for the course are IELTS scores of 7.0 in all components, With an absolute minimum of 6.5 in all areas or a TOEFL test score of 100.
- Students from other countries also have to provide a Statement of Intent and transcripts, professional background and a written sample work, and a list of publications and references.
- Opportunities to fund are offered to International students through assistantships and scholarships.
Employment prospects after M.S. in Pharmacy from Canada
Once you’ve earned your M.S. degree in Pharmacy, there’s a wide range of opportunities for international students studying in Canada. Students from abroad could apply for full-time employment, which includes everything concerning drugs and medicines and research assistants and gain knowledge about the profession of Pharmacy before moving into a full-time job and working independently.
Getting the job you want can begin with the institution itself. Most professors and professionals at the institution you choose may be conducting research and will require additional hands. The possibility of obtaining some part-time work at your University as an assistant professor could help the student improve their careers significantly. It is recommended to make the most of such opportunities as soon as they come upon a chance.
In addition, universities are eager to assist students in finding an appropriate jobs. They’ll have a section to help students find jobs in the formal sector, complete with a perfect Cover letter and CV, assist in securing interviews, etc. The use of these services has the potential of a huge benefit to students.
Although the M.S. of Pharmacy provides many opportunities within the health science, sector and Canada offers a variety of options for career development. This makes it the perfect destination for international applicants.
To learn more about possible job opportunities to learn more about job opportunities, click here