University of Waterloo Scholarships
In this article below: You can continue the studies you have in Canada. The good news is that the University of Waterloo Scholarships are now open; this post will discuss the scholarship, its benefits, and the steps to apply.
University of Waterloo Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully-funded award for students from abroad. This scholarship is for undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. studies. Waterloo University scholarship is valued as high as $10,000.
The University of Waterloo is presenting the David Johnston-Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards to the most successful candidates to aid Canadian or international students. It is a full-time program open to students from all over the world who would like to attend any Waterloo Faculty undergraduate and graduate degree program. Faculties will select eligible students according to the allocation of awards by the faculty. The students will be chosen for academic excellence in their applications for admission into master’s degree programs.
The University of Waterloo, as an institution of research and education for the public in Canada, is regularly ranked as the most innovative university in Canada and the most well-known because of its programs for cooperative learning. It has six faculties and ten faculty-based colleges and runs education programs.
Why at the University of Waterloo? It’s an excellent opportunity for students to join this institution. Through managerial coaching, organizational development classes, and secondments, students can take advantage of opportunities to grow their careers.
University of Waterloo Scholarships
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): University of Waterloo
- Studied in Canada
- Courses offered: The scholarships are open to students who want to pursue undergraduate and research-based Master and Ph.D. degrees in any area provided by the University of Waterloo.
- Program Duration: Depends on the selected program.
- For Undergraduate: April 15, July 15, November 15
- For Masters and Ph.D. students: Go here to access the program-specific deadline.
University of Waterloo Scholarships provide the student with the following advantages:
- The David Johnston Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards will be presented at between $2,500 and $10,000 for a one-time study or study opportunity and $2,500- $5,000 for a one-term job or volunteer experience. It can also be worth up to $10,000 for a 2-term volunteer or work experience.
- International Master’s Award of Excellence is valued at $2,500 for each term, for a maximum of six months.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Waterloo Scholarships
To be eligible to be considered for University of Waterloo Scholarships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Candidates in excellent academic standing (usually at least a 70 percent minimum average at the undergraduate level and, generally, a 75 percent average in graduate school) can submit applications for scholarships.
- The applicants must be full-time undergraduate or graduate students from any department who want to participate in the international exchange program, which includes a minimally paid or volunteer international co-op placement, volunteer placement or academic exchange, or a literary term related to academic requirements.
- Students from abroad who have an active Canadian study permit are full-time registered and assessed international tuition costs.
- Students who participate in research-based classes (thesis or significant research pieces) usually receive this type of award.
- The course is usually offered to students entering the first term of their degree (term 1.0).
- Students must be able to demonstrate academic excellence by meeting the criteria set by the faculty.
- Students must satisfy their programs’ academic standards and have special probationary admission requirements.
- The award could be added to other external or internal scholarship programs (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc.). It is important to note that scholarships differ from sponsorship – read the following bullet.
- In general, students should only receive concurrently international government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc.) or be partially self-funded, over the minimum requirements for faculty of financial support.
- Grandparents of students who are part of the current IMSA program are not eligible to be considered for an IMAE However, students who were given an IMSA for the completion of a master’s degree previously could qualify in the hopes of an IMAE.
- Students will automatically be selected to be eligible for this award based on the application form they submit to be considered for admission. Faculty and departments will establish their internal procedure to choose the recipients based on qualifications criteria and the allocation.
- Faculties can impose more stringent requirements for eligibility as needed.
How to get University of Waterloo Scholarships?
Follow the steps below to apply for the David Johnston-Lebovic Foundation International Experience Award scholarship:
- Candidates must have admission at the university to the undergraduate and master’s degree programs. After getting the admission, applicants can access the application form on their web pages.
- Candidates must submit an individual statement that will reference their application. Applicants must provide proof of their English proficiency to meet the minimum requirements to gain admission.
Please follow the below instructions for applying for the International Master’s Award of Excellence award:
- Students will automatically be eligible for this award based on their application for admission. Therefore, there is no separate application for the scholarship needed.
- Departments and Faculties select students and then nominate them students for scholarships.
- Check on the website of official organizations (link located below) for the deadlines for applications particular to every Masters’s Degree program.