If you’re planning to pursue a degree in Canada through scholarship, go through this article. In this article, we will provide a detailed explanation of the University of Calgary Scholarship, its advantages, and step-by- the application process.
University of Calgary Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. The scholarships of $20,000 and $15,000 (renewable each year) are awarded to students from abroad who begin their first year during the Fall Term of all undergraduate degrees.
The University of Calgary International Scholarship is a prestigious award awarded for outstanding achievement by international scholars completing their undergraduate studies.
The University of Calgary offers students an exceptional educational experience that prepares them to succeed in the workplace and also conducts research that tackles the most pressing issues facing society.
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Science.
- School of Engineering.
- School of Medicine.
- School of Business.
- Faculty of Environmental Design.
- Faculty of Law.
- Faculty of Kinesiology.
- Department in Social work.
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
- School of Education.
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Nursing.
University of Calgary Scholarships are of the following kinds:
- Energizing Canada International Entrance Scholarship: $20,000 (Renewable)
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship: $15,000 (Renewable)
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students
To be eligible for the University of Calgary Scholarship, the applicant must meet all the requirements listed below:
- Required Language: English.
- Participating Countries: All nations
Energizing Canada International Entrance Scholarship:
- The program is offered annually to international student entering their first year of an undergraduate course at the University of Calgary. Renewable during the second, third, and fourth years of the University of Calgary, provided recipients have an average GPA that is 3.00 over at least 24.00 units during the preceding term, which includes winter and fall terms.
- Academic merit
- Financial need
- Have graduated from an official primary school or high school located in China, which includes Hong Kong and Macau
- Students who have a preference for the Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Health Sciences, or Bachelor of Arts – Urban Studies program
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship:
- The program is offered annually to undergraduate international students entering their first year of any undergraduate degree during the fall term that have met requirements of the University’s English Language Proficiency requirement. Renewable during the second, third, and fourth years in the University of Calgary, provided applicants have a GPA of 2.60 or greater over a minimum of 24.00 units during the last term, including winter and fall. They also keep paying the international difference tuition fee while students from abroad.
- International students who have to pay a different fee but who aren’t Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- Academic merit.
How to Apply for the University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students?
Follow the instructions for applying for this award:
(1) Apply to be a student on the campus of the school:
- Start your application. Start by creating an UCalgary ID.
- Utilize the guide to the application to assist you in the application process.
- Fill out your application, and pay your $150 application cost.
- Based on your information, We’ll notify you within the Calgary Student Center of what and where to send any necessary documents. Check out the Documents page to learn more.
(2) Apply for the scholarship, follow these steps
- Log in to your Student Center through your MyUofC portal.
- On Your Student Center, click on the “My Financials” page.
- Go to the Awards and Scholarships section. Click the link “Apply for Undergraduate Awards.” Check that pop-up are on. If pop-ups are disabled, the site will not load.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen, showing any open applications or those that have been recently closed. Be aware of the Application Open and Application Deadline dates.